Monday 5 January 2009

Christmas time, mistletoe and...

Childhood memories connected with Christmas? I hale plenty of them! I belong to the group of people who love Christmas and all the trash ascribed to this merry time.
I associate Christmas with family, warmth, extraordinary dishes, smell of gingerbread and spruce, which is very unoriginal but wonderful. Nevertheless, this time I would like to tell a sad story about a day when I found out that Santa Claus does not exist…
I was about 7 or 8 years old and as usually before Christmas I wrote a letter to Santa Claus. I suppose that I desired a Barbie doll or a new set of Lego blocks (I used to be a total Lego freak!). Everything was written down with some help of my sister who was always my backup. The letter in a beautiful envelope landed on the window sill and I waited for Santa Claus to take it. As in every year the letter mysteriously disappeared and I was glad that Santa was going to give me the right gift. Unfortunately, after few days I found my letter in my sister’s closet. I couldn’t believe! I thought that she took that letter away because she envious of my wishes and that she didn’t want Santa to read about them! I was really ready to quarrel over that! Eventually, my parents and my sister helped me to realize that Santa Claus is not real and that he is only a part of Christmas mystery…
Since then I’ve been aware of the fact that Santa Claus is not a living man with a huge bag but I believe that Christmas time is so special that almost everything is possible… Even people use their human voices…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also was a Lego freak! I had hundreds of them!:D and of course I always was looking forward to getting a Barbie;)but I can't really recall a time when I found out Santa doesn't exist,I guess I always knew that:)

Monika said...

Poor you, Aga! You must have felt really dissapointed! Glad you still feel the magic of Christmas! :)