Sunday 24 May 2009

I recommend: Desmond Richardson

I have thought for a long time about a person who could be recommended on my blog. In connection to my website I have decided to write about Desmond Richardson. I saw him last year in Poznań and I must tell you that I was at a loss for words... What he did took my breathe away. I bet that now you are dying to get to know who he is! Before I satisfy your curiosity I want you to watch this:

Now, you know :) Desmond is a dancer, a great dancer! His way of dancing is astonishing. When you are watching at his body dancing you think: 'How, on earth, is he doing that'?'. I used to be a dancer and and I know that one has to work up a good sweat to stretch the body, to control it so much and to be in excellent condition. Desmond has it all but what is really amazing about him is the fact that when he dances he tells a story, he shows that it is a piece of art and that it is enough to combine your body and music to create a performance that influences people's feelings.
Apart from the fact that Desmond Ricgardson is a dancer he is also a choreopgrapher, co-founder and artist director of Complexions Contemporary Dance Ballet from New York. This group is very famous and last year I had a chance to saw their performance in Poznań. Some time ago they visited our city once again. I regret that I could not go and see them one more time.
If you want to know something more about Desmond watch this film - it's very interesting!

You can also visit this website to read more about his life and career:
http://www.answers.com/topic/desmond-richardson

2 comments:

agnieszka said...

outstanding :)

Unknown said...

wow his body is really stretched!Like he didn't have any bones:P amazing:)